Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wrong Rainbow (uh, it's standardized)


Three birthdays in one, belated of course. Basically just an excuse to make a really cool cake and eat it :D

I can't take credit for all the work, maybe not even most of it. I enlisted the help of Small Cake Boss, and Helper Boss for the assembly and decorating. Small Cake Boss is learning some pretty cool tricks. 

 I made 2 boxes of white cake, divvied it up into six bowls and added food coloring. "Red" was the least convincing (I've told you about making red icing) but it turned out a nice intense dark pink type color so I was happy with that anyway. Helper Boss didn't like it though, apparently it's a "Sith" color.

"Ok, you can help, but don't tell anyone we're friends"


The sorting of the smarties was interesting. Purple is the scarcest color of all. We had leftovers of EVERY color, but what you see on the cake there are ALL the purple smarties from SEVEN BOXES OF SMARTIES! 



So when I brought out the cake, everyone was all "OOOOOH" and "Ahhh!" and "Aw! It's a rainbow cake! I get it!". Then I cut into it :) 

I'm not really a big fan of "white cake". I think purple cake tastes better than white cake. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Purple cake does taste better than white cake.

This is such a cute idea!