Thursday, April 8, 2010

Really Yummy


Say Hooraaaay! It's a FOOD post!


Sorry, nothing clever to talk about today, also, I had to change the template back- I just couldn't stand not having the dashboard link at the top. I'm wiped out, and the 2 kids I have today are proving to be more work than the 4.5 I had yesterday! Go figure! The weather is kinda crummy, I'm stiff from my workout last night, and all I can think of at the moment is food.


My cholesterol 'issue' has made eggs into a Big Bad No-No, but I loooove eggs, and now I'm craving eggs, and today Imma gonna EAT eggs!


Egg Salad on English Muffins- open faced



  • Boil 2-3 eggs for 5 or so minutes (really, I just guess when they're done. I have to get one of those thingys that you stick in the pot and it changes color when the eggs are ready)

  • Cool the eggs by leaving them under running water for a bit

  • peel the eggs

  • now, if you're trying to avoid cholesterol poisoning, you can actually take the yolk out! I left them in today

  • slice them into a bowl

  • add 2 tbsp mayo/miracle whip/"mayonnaise type dressing"

  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard

  • handful of chopped green onion

  • salt and lots of pepper

  • toast and butter english muffin

  • squish the eggs and stuff together

  • put it on the toast....

total prep time is only 10 minutes, though I really prefer COLD egg salad on hot buttered toast. Doing it all at once means the eggs are still warm, and you might not like that.


Also, it doesn't hurt to boil up 6 or so eggs and keep them in the fridge (good for about 5 days). You can add them to salad, send them in lunches or just snack on them with a little salt shaken on.


mmmmm eggs!

Oh, and keep the eggs covered in the fridge- or your whole fridge will smell like boiled eggs... they taste better than they smell.

No comments: