Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just because it came out of a square box, doesn't mean it's a square meal!



Haha

I was thinking about this last night as I was lining up the stuff for a photo. I have come to terms with the necessity for "convenience foods" since moving into my house. I still don't have a working cooktop, so the microwave and the oven are my only tools. The microwave is quite a versatile machine after all, so long as you're not worried about radiation leaks, and adding extra molecules to your food.

Dinner last night actually turned out well. I made pork chops, broccoli and carrots in sauce, and penne pasta with bacon and alfredo sauce. The vegetables and pasta were done in the microwave according to package directions. The pork chops were baked in the oven with broccoli soup.

Pork chops with broccoli(or mushroom)soup
- line your dish with foil (because we hate cleaning)
- layer half the can of cream soup on the bottom
- lay out chops in pan
- mix remaining soup with half can of milk and pour over chops
- bake in oven at 350 for 35-45 minutes (thicker chops will take longer)

This recipe goes well with rice or egg noodles, you can use the soup as a sauce.

No comments: